domingo, 22 de octubre de 2023

Blog 5 - My favorite music

 Hello everyone, today I can talk about whatever I want I chose to talk about my favorite music, which is SKA.

My taste for this musical style began when I was very little because an older cousin listened to Madness and The Specials, two iconic Ska bands from England.

Little by little I began to listen to more music related to Jamaican rhythms such as Reggae and are closely related to Ska.

After a few years I realized that there are also bands that play Ska in Chile like Santiago Rebelde, I even discovered that there are Ska bands in all countries, like Los calzones rotos or Los autenticos decadentes.

The best Ska concert I ever went to was one where there was an English band called Bad Manners and a Spanish band called Skalariak, it was a unique experience where everything was beautiful from start to finish, one of the most important things about that day was the person I went with my cousin, the same cousin who motivated me to listen to this type of music.

What I like most about Ska is that it is a style of music that supports antiracist, antifascist movements and is in favor of multiculturalism. It is very common to see how people from different cultures can share the stage and create music.

If I had to recommend any type of music to someone, without a doubt, it would be Ska, since it is quite upbeat and catchy, as soon as you listen to it makes you want to dance.



1 comentario:

  1. It's obvious that you really like ska, I've only heard a few ska-p songs.

    I also find it somewhat striking that there is a tutorial on how to dance ska.

    ResponderEliminar

Blog 5 - My favorite music

 Hello everyone, today I can talk about whatever I want I chose to talk about my favorite music, which is SKA. My taste for this musical sty...